Electrification Construction Services Ltd
Unit 9, Wheelock Heath Business Court
SAFETY ALERT NRX21-03 - SUPPLY OF INCORRECT SAFETY GLOVES
POLYCO 'SuperGlove' electricians' gloves have been used by Network Rail in various sizes for many years, rated for both 500V AC and 1000V AC resistance.
During a recent assurance activity by Network Rail it was identified that orders for the size 9 (only) rubber gauntlet glove have been supplied incorrectly for some time.
The orders have been for gloves rated 1000V AC but have been incorrectly fulfilled with gloves offering only 500V AC resistance.
The error is not in the manufacture of the gloves - the rating shown on the glove is correct.
The error lies in the incorrect supply of 500V AC rated gloves against orders for 1000V AC rating.
Orders for size 9, 1000V AC rated gloves could potentially have been placed through iStore (ref 0044/021913).
The error in supply has now been resolved and any orders placed from now will be correct.
As it is not currently known for how long this supplying error has occurred, you are asked to:
- Make an urgent inspection of all pairs of size 9 POLYCO’ SuperGlove’ electricians’ gloves held by your team.
- The 500V AC graded gloves can be identified by the printed reference ’00/AZC’ on the reverse (‘500V AC’ may also be printed.
- The correct 1000V AC graded gloves will show ref erence ‘0/AZC’.
- If the printing is illegible, then treat the gloves as non-compliant and dispose of the gloves.
- If your team requires gloves rated to 1000V AC resistance, please withdraw and dispose of all 500V AC rated gloves.
The images show the correct (right) and incorrect (left) references for 1000V AC graded gloves.
DOWNLOAD THE BULLETIN