Working on or adjacent to the DC Conductor Rail is prohibited unless there is an isolation of the DC Conductor Rail in place.
- No work is to take place near the DC Conductor Rail unless an isolation is in place.
- You are considered as working near the DC Conductor Rail If: it is likely that any person, tool, or any equipment will encroach within 300mm of a live DC Conductor Rail. This includes either side of the DC Conductor Rail or any space above or below.
- In the event of an isolation of the DC Conductor Rail being required to deal with an emergency situation, call the EMMIS Controller who will contact the relevant Electrical Control Room.
This bulletin will remain in place until further notice and until such time that competence arrangements and instructions for working in DC Conductor Rail Areas have been reviewed.
- Where would you need to include this in your worksite briefing?
- Have you checked the planned work to ensure a DC Conductor Rail isolation is not required?
File name : HSB-685-Working-on-or-Adjacent-to-the-Conductor-Rail.pdf