Electrification Construction Services Ltd
Unit 9, Wheelock Heath Business Court
SAFETY ADVICE NRA21-02 - STAFF ELECTRIC SHOCK
Location: Langley Junction, East Coast Contact: Linda Penfold, Principal Engineer (M&E), Technical Authority
A recent incident occurred at Langley Junction on the 28 January 2021, which is currently being investigated, where a member of staff received an electrical shock when working on Overhead Line Equipment (OLE).
Initial indications are that the isolation was not implemented in line with Network Rail's standard for isolations.
This resulted in the OLE being switched off but not correctly earthed.
IMMIDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
- The implementation of isolations must always be in accordance with NR/L3/ELP/29987.
- Nominated Persons must always issue and brief a Form STED to all persons authorised to test and apply earths on their behalf.
- All electrical safe system of work paperwork must be completed and retained.
- Always confirm you are working at the correct location.
- Always confirm you have been suitably briefed for the work you are to undertake and reach an understanding with person responsible for the task.
- Only carry out tasks you are trained and competent to do
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE BULLETIN
Click 'Next' To Continue To Aknowlegement