- If possible, restrict noisy activities to certain times of the day adhere to working hours – some sites are only consented to work at certain times
- Plan deliveries by arranging routes and times to minimise potential nuisance to the local community
- If possible, keep noisy plant away from public areas minimise drop heights into hoppers, lorries and other plant
- Use local screening where necessary
- Noise can be reduced if a screen is placed between plant and a nearby sensitive location, ie house
- Screens can be straw bales or ply board
- Use silenced generators and tower lights where necessary
- Keep acoustic doors, hoods and panels on plant closed – it does make a difference
2 Think about what unduly noisy operations are being undertaken on this project?
3 Where might vibration cause a problem?
4 What precautions can be taken to reduce noise and vibration on this site?
- Minimise vehicles and plant reversing – plan work to incorporate one way systems if in doubt, contact a line manager.