TOOL BOX TALK TT02-ACCIDENT PREVENTION AND CONTROL
This talk will cover: causes, costs and prevention of accidents.
CAUSES OF ACCIDENTS
- 1. People not thinking about what they are doing.
- 2. People not following instructions.
- 3. People not following training they have been given.
- 4. Unsafe manual handling, loading, stacking and storing.
- 5. Overloading of working places, scaffolding and hoists etc.
- 6. Incorrect use of plant and machinery.
- 7. Use of faulty equipment with improvised repairs.
- 8. Illegal removal of guards and barriers.
- 9. Failure to use protective safety equipment.
- 10. Ignoring safety signals, signs and warning devices.
THE COST OF ACCIDENTS TO YOU
- 1. Pain, suffering and continuing disability.
- 2. Loss of earnings and extra expense due to disability.
- 3. Incapacity for the job and your leisure activities.
- 4. Unable to support family and possible family break–up.
- 1.Don’t remove guards from machines.
- 2. Don’t handle substances without knowing the hazards.
- 3. Don’t use any machines if not trained and follow instructions.
- 4. Always comply with safe working practices.
- 5. Wear and use PPE correctly, don’t abuse it.
- 6. Don’t direct compressed air at yourself or others, it kills.
- 7. Never mess around while working.
- 8. Never use defective equipment or machinery.
- 9. Help to keep the workplace clean.
- 10. Wash and dry hands to remove substances from skin.
- 11. Report unsafe conditions to your supervisor.
- 12. Use correct tools and equipment for the job
- 13. Obey all safety rules and signs.
- 14.Don’t leave tools lying about where they can fall onto to someone below.
Do you have any questions for me?
REMEMBER: ACCIDENTS ARE CASUED BY UNSAFE PEOPLE CREATING UNSAFE CONDITIONS.