COLAS RAIL – SAFETY ALERT – Oxford A420 Road Traffic Incident
On 8th May 2022 at about 06:20am whilst returning from site visit of Oxford High Speed Crossover Ph2B to Swindon, a member of the SRSA design team met with an accident on A420 at Coxwell near Faringdon.
The car veered left from the lane and hit the road furniture such as road bend sign and crashed into bush and trees before stopping.
There was no central reservation.
Fortunately, the staff member was unhurt. No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
Fire service, Medics and Thames Valley Police came to the scene.
A D&A test was undertaken on the member of staff which returned negative.
This accident happened approximately 20 mins before reaching his destination.
LIFESAVING RULES – ALWAYS OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT & WEAR A SEATBELT
- Ensure you do your own personal risk assessment. When fatigued, enough time to rest should be taken before continuing to drive
- Informing your line manager of anything that will impact your fitness to drive
- Ensure you adhere to the highway code rule to drive safely on the road
Managers / Supervisors:
- Ensure that the Fatigue Risk Assessment is used for all planned works
- Check all staff are aware of SRSA Policy and procedure on fatigue
- Planning of work should always include consideration for the provision of hotels to staff when required